Thursday Hill Repeats





While the world sleeps, i am up in the morning for a jovial day. I love to start my day with a good workout. I always check the Group's WhatsApp messages - mainly the " Morning Quotes" . It only makes me stronger day by day & teaches me new things.

23rd July, 2020
Due to Pandemic, we have not been training in groups. And it has been months since we've done the Hill repeats. I was not comfortable doing the Hill repeats at Meenakshi Mall area - due to the ongoing Covid situation.

New Location - Smiling Willows ( Raja Iris)
The Hill is in the vicinity of Purva's Project - Smiling Willows, an extension of Sound of Water project. There is a Big-Gate named as Raja Iris on the Begur Koppa route - i am sure if you are a regular visitor on this route -you will be able to spot. The location has long steep climb. The surroundings are green with a variety of long trees. I spotted a few fitness enthusiasts - running or walking.

My workouts
As this was my 1st day, i did an easy 2km jog around the area / getting used to the location. I spotted a location at the base (near the lake) to start my hill repeats. The 1st 2 hill repeats were agonizing - as i have been off practice doing this particular workout. 3rd & 4th Hill repeats were very good. I could feel the pressure on my muscles - "No Pain No Gain".

Hill repeats have been a common workout in The Trailblazers running group. Our workouts are held every Tuesday or Thursday - near Meenakshi Mall area. Start time : 5:30 to 7:00 am.

2km Warm Up, 7 Sets Hill Repeats, 2km Cool Down

4-7th Hill repeats - it takes me back to what Coach taught me. Lean forward, more swing to the arms  etc. When you are on your own, the biggest coach is yourself. You've got to remember what we've been taught & execute, that's the only way to get better. Discipline is the key.

After a grilling 7 sets of  hill repeats / 40 minutes workout, that was a good workout. With a pause on hydration, i soon set off for the Cool down 2km run.

Anjanapura Hill Repeats
Runner's Dr.Virendra, Gagan, RunMith & Kaushik chose Anajanapura area for hill repeats. RunMith recalls the 90 mnts. run with Merciless people - i can imagine doing a 14k !!! Well, i cannot meet up their pace but surely a bunch of experienced runners. On a lighter note, if you plan to run with them quite often, you will also be called the "Merciless People".

MASK TTbians - Dr. Virendra, RunMith, Gagan & Kaushik

Comments

  1. Wawwww....very well written ‘SALMAN’ of TTB.👍👍👍

    Superb buddy,keep writing & keep inspiring us

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a superb blogger, Rajiv!! So well written and week explained through your video too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Rajiv ...keep inspiring our ironman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely written.. keep them coming..👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LSD@ Tulip Resorts & The Forest