LSD@ Tulip Resorts & The Forest

"Sometimes beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost" Quote from Erol Ozan. 

++++ 

With Work from home for quite a long time now, this was a perfect opportunity to have a good Tri - Workout & rest as much as possible. My LSD's on Saturdays were at the know places like Anjanapura, Apas or Tulip Resorts -all locations with close proximity to Gottigere (Bengaluru). I was getting bored running alone on the usual routes & tried to find new routes which would be challenging & different. New routes which i discovered were - LSD at Ragihalli Forest, DLF Area & Tulip Resorts (Karnataka Forest Reserve)

LSD @ Tulip Resorts (19th June, 2021) (Location : Near Banerghatta Road)

I have been following the Tri Program with Radstrong Coaching for past 6-7 months, the plan was to do an easy 90 minutes LSD. I was on time to reach the venue by 6AM. Easy warm up and i was off on the tarred road. 

The 1st 30 minutes run

i took the usual route from the main road down to Tulip resorts, Village & factory area. Early mornings in this route is usually calm, quite & fresh. There are a lot of Farms & individual houses near the Tulip Resorts area. Out of curiosity - i had a quick chit chat at the factory area - found out that it's a big storage area for Lays Chips. My pace during this time was between 7:40 to 6:45. I was back to the base for a quick hydration. 

The 2nd 30 minutes run

 I ran now on the opposite side of the factory towards Banerghatta main road. By 6:45, it started to get crowded. Heading towards the main road side , the roads are uneven so you have to be careful. I noticed towards my left - that a few people heading towards an unknown forest. I stopped for a while i thought - it may be officials or locals who would be going to a nearby village but there was a board which said "Karnataka Forest Reserve". I did not want to try out a new route  & rather focus on completing the LSD. But i kept thinking about that place -something green & new - "Khujli". I went back to base for a quick hydration. I had another 30 minutes left to complete my Solo LSD.

The Jungle (A new route - Forest Reserve)

I was on the main road again to run towards the factory area, after about 200 metres - i stopped & looked back. Let's check it out. I was hesitant looking at the board which said - Karnataka Forest Reserve, must be a restricted land. A local just came from the forest in his cycle - asked him whether we could go in, he said yes. Now, i had the ticket to adventure,,,

  

Once i was inside the Forest - it was absolutely Green with tall gigantic Trees. My pace increased as i wanted to know more about this place. It looked so different. Living in the city of Concrete Jungle, this Jungle was bliss. As i ran deeper, i found myself lost. A Quote " And into the Forest i go, to loose my mind and find my soul". My knees felt relaxed as it was a muddy track. I did the entire loop - approx. 800 mtrs. With the onset of monsoons, the grass was tall & green. The forest had a variety of Trees. The Government did a splendid job maintaining the forest. I spent more time in the forest & finished a 15k. Took a few selfies & back to base to finish my LSD. 

The following weekend, i ran with Kaushik - he loved this place. Later, Sir, Sandy, Chandra 2 also ran. I hope many runners will enjoy this route.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Hill Repeats